Sunday, September 27, 2009

Otoño- Fall Crafts



Here are a few of the crafts that we did to go along with our "otoño" theme.


D thought the most interesting part of "otoño" was the fact that the leaves change color and fall from the tree. We recreated this with a tree that I made from butcher paper. I wrote numbers on leaves made from different fall colors. I would call out a number and he had to find it and throw it on the ground (make it fall). Can you guess what his favorite part was?





The second game we played with the tree was to practice lower case letters by identifying the letters in the words verano (summer) and otoño (fall). I made the letters for summer green and the letters for fall in fall colors. I would love some more ideas for the use of this tree since it is still up and my little guy hasn't destroyed it yet. :)

We have been taking lots of walks around the neighborhood lately. This time we gathered a few of the leaves that have changed colors. They were hard to find since fall comes late to Texas. We flatten them and glued them to a piece of cardboard to make a wreath. I think that we will do this again in a month or so when more leaves have changed colors.

2 comments:

  1. I love your tree! I've been thinking of making something similar for Thanksgiving where we write things we are thankful for on leaves and then hang them on the tree. I love your little game with the letters for summer and fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog and everything you post! Wow! HOw fun! I will have to try some of these things!

    ReplyDelete

My Favorites



Counter

Powered By Blogger