Friday, April 9, 2010

Toys my children ACTUALLY play with- Stamp set

When my mother asked for suggestions for birthday presents for Mateo, I pointed her toward a Melissa and Doug stamp set that I have had my eye on for quite a while. I chose this one because Mateo is dino-crazy but also because came with great reviews from Amazon customers. It is basically a set of eight dinosaur shaped stamps, two colors of ink pads, and five colored pencils. Even though the top of the stamps are multi-colored, the stamps obviously come out one color and the kids have to color them (hence the colored pencils.) The boys have had a ton of fun with these several times in the last couple of weeks. I have no action shots since Mateo tends to stamp dino-prints on EVERYTHING if I am not paying attention. The only complaint that I have is that the top of the box has no lid so it is easy to knock the stamps out if they are not placed on a high shelf far away from little hands.

Melissa & Doug Dinosaur Stamp Set


Melissa & Doug Dinosaur Stamp Set

If you have a toy that your child loves and that you would like to share, please link up. It can be an old post or a new post.




3 comments:

  1. Great review - I had to chuckle on "stamp on everything" comment. I have the same single complaint about M&D sets - I wish they came with a transparent lid rather than with a plastic wrapper that is gone once you open the box. It's not very practical for storage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a few of the M&D stamp sets and my kids love them. I just store them in plastic bins and use the M&D boxes for other things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Their stamp sets are one of the few things I don't have. I'll agree you have to watch out for the kids stamping everywhere.....

    ReplyDelete

My Favorites



Counter

Powered By Blogger