**** I have added a Mcklinky below if you would like to join us and share your favorite toys. We do a new toy every week so join us for the fun and share the toys your child ACTUALLY plays with this Thursday!
When my first son was born about 4 years ago, my husband and I thought that we needed to buy out Toy's R US on a weekly basis. I am pretty sure that they saw a spike in sales in 2006! With time and a tighter budget, we got smarter and much more particular about the toys that we would buy. Now every time I pick out a toy for the boys I give it the time vs. money test meaning how much time/fun can we get out of this for the price. I came up with the idea for "Toys my children ACTUALLY play with" this rainy (again) afternoon when I asked my son what he would like to play with. The answer, not surprisingly, was his bucket of dinosaurs. We bought this bucket of dinosaurs for about sixteen dollars for D's birthday last December at Toys R US. For the hours and hours and HOURS of playtime this toy has provided, I would definately say that it has been worth the money. Other more expensive toys have been collecting dust on the shelf for months while the dinosaurs have lots of playtime as they migrated to the ocean (our bathtub) or to the great desert (our sandbox.)
With Christmas (a.k.a shopping season) quickly approaching, I thought that it would be fun to share toys that we like (and do not like) with each other. If you want to participate, let me know. I will be posting a different toy each week, at least until Christmas.
1. Comes with 14 dinosaurs of different colors and sizes. (D can name them all! :)
2. Comes with two volcanos which make for good imaginative play.
3. Dinosaurs are very durable. Like I said, they have stood up to water, sand, and the occasional volcanic eruption at our house.
4. The bucket is very handy for keeping the dinosaurs together.
1. The trees fall apart and leave small pieces that little brothers can eat.
2. The mat is made of thin plastic and even though it has not torn, it is very wrinkled.
Overall: I think that for the price, it is a good deal. If you bought that many dinosaurs of the same quality, it would cost you a lot more.