**Sorry for the poor condition of the post. I tried to fix it but no luck. It looks fine when I edit it but the spacing is weird when I publish it. :(
*** If you want to join in, read the post here and then link up to the MckLinky below. It will be open for a couple of days. If you do not have a post ready to go this week, I will be posting a new one each Thursday. It doesn't have to be a new post, an OLD POST about a toy that your child loves would be fine! Also, post or email me if you have a question about a toy that you do not own but are considering buying so that we can look for someone to give you a review of it.
For example, I have two little boys so it is very hard for me to decide what to buy my five year old niece. I would love some suggestions.
Today's choice for Toys that My Child Actually Plays with is Mr. Potato Head. I originally bought this toy a year ago to use to teach body parts in my Mommy and Me Spanish classes that I hold in my house (which worked very well by the way.) Since then it has been played with MANY times both by my boys and all of my son's friends that come over for playdates.
Pros: 1. The basic set is pretty inexpensive.
2. You can buy addtional sets with different themes such as policeman or vampire.
3. Good for language development. Besides the obvious body part vocabulary, D uses his Mr.Potato Head's to make up stories.
4. There are many uses for the Mr. Potato body parts. We have used them to make Playdoh people and a Mr. Calabaza Head (seen below).
1. Depending on how many you own, there can be LOTS of pieces.
M recieved a couple more for his birthday so now we have several.
2. If you are a creative Mommy like The Adventures of Bear you could save yourself some money and make your own.
Toys that we are interested in: I am looking for some board games that would be appropriate for my soon-to-be four year old.