*** If you want to join in, read the post here and then link up to the MckLinky below. It will be open for a couple of days. If you do not have a post ready to go this week, I will be posting a new one each Thursday. Also, post or email me if you have a question about a toy that you do not own but are considering buying so that we can look for someone to give you a review of it. For example, I have two little boys so it is very hard for me to decide what to buy my five year old niece. I would love some suggestions.
Today I am posting the second edition of Toys my children ACTUALLY play with where we can share our children's favorite toys. Click here to see the first edition.
I am going to talk about two Leap Frog toys. My sons and I are big fans of Leap Frog toys. It is very difficult to find quality bilingual toys but Leap Frog has recently come out with several. The first of our favorite toys is the Leap Frog Fridge Farm Magnetic Animal Set.
Pros- 1. This toys is DURABLE. I can't tell you how many times the boys have dropped (or thrown it) onto the hard kitchen floor.
2. The boys always giggle at the silly songs for the mixed-up animals.
3. This toy comes in either English only or bilingual. The bilingual version has an extra button to switch between English or Spanish.
4. There are two volume settings.
Cons- 1. You have to keep track of the pieces. Ok, this is our fault. We have misplaced a couple of the pieces over the last three years so most of the animals that we make are the mixed-up kind. :)
The second favorite toy today is Baby Croki (Spanish version) or Baby Tad (English version). We bought this little frog for D almost four years ago and it is now getting a lot of playtime with M.
Pros- 1. The sounds and music are pleasant. Each of the shape buttons on his chest sing a different song. We, of course, own the Spanish version and I like the traditional songs that it plays.
2. It teaches color and shape words.
3. The frog's right hand has a button that plays up to 5 minutes of soft wordless music. When D was a baby, he would fall asleep to the music.
Cons- 1. The body is hard and stiff so it is not a cuddly toy.
2. If it is in the child's bed at night and the child accidently touches it, it speaks. I know this because D's crib was in our bedroom for a LONG time and I was often awaken to "Estoy aquí!" (I'm here!)
A toy that I am interested in: Anyone have My First LeapPad Learning System? If so, what do you think of it?