Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Geography Lesson- Postcard Exchange

We have a large map of the United States and a globe in our playroom. Diego can identify Texas (our home state) and Florida (where he visited his great-grandpa) on the map. Debbie at Children Grow Children Explore Children Learn had a fun idea for a geography lesson. She is hosting a postcard exchange so that our little ones can receive mail (a big hit around here) and learn about different places in the country or around the world. We already received a postcard from Selena in Washington and Diego was thrilled. We are placing a sticker on each place that we receive a card from and I am hoping to find a book or website about each place so that we can learn even more. Since it is crazy busy right now I know that I will start this in January when we will be completely crafted-out. If you would like to participate and receive a postcard from us and are willing to send one to us in return, please leave a comment. I know that Natalie at Mouse Grows, Mouse Learns is participating as well.

Map of United States

13 comments:

  1. If you want one from another city in Texas we're more than willing to send one. Mine are crazy about mail, so I'm more than willing to send mail to another kid so they get lots of mail too (it'd be 3 postcards one from each kid)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in Texas too! Would love to do it though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not in Texas (she says, suddenly feeling all exotic and interesting)!!

    Can we join in? The girls love looking at their world map and talking about different places, so a postcard swap is a great idea.

    Sign up one family from Switzerland please (and can I copy the idea to use on my own blog too?).

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I'll send one from Utah. :-)

    Do you mind if I do this in my blog, too. I think I will also wait until January.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And...if anybody wants them from out of the country, I can ask my hubby to send extra. He has been sending them home for Dawson. So far we have gotten ones from Japan, Singapore and Bahrain. One from Dubai is on it's way.

    Anyway, let me know and I'll ask my husband to send some extra ones home from his next stop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww... I would love to do this ~ wish my little man was older!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We'll send one from Costa Rica! Would love one from Texas:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We'd love to join! We're in Oregon, and my kids would absolutely love getting mail!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll send one from GTMO, Cuba! My little girl is a bit young, but I know she'll love it all soon enough. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! We'd be thrilled to swap postcards with you. I blogged about this great project idea at Mind Games. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. We were currently using this a geography lesson here also with our six year old son. I would love to exchange a card with you. You can email me and we can swap information. luckoftheflinn@yahoo.ca We live in Ontario, Canada. Thank you.
    -Amber

    ReplyDelete
  12. My son and I would love to exchange with you guys - we're in Wisconsin.
    aschoessow (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete

My Favorites



Counter

Powered By Blogger