Thursday, December 3, 2009

Christmas Math- Number Matching

This is our second Christmas math activity. To see our first activity and to learn about the Four Preschool Math goals, go here.

I found this printable at DLTK's website. There are several versions of the "Dauber Coloring Pages." You can choose below the present, a Christmas tree, wreath, angel, candle, and elf. You can do MANY different activities with these printables. I used ours to practice number matching. I filled in the circles with numbers from 1-16 and wrote the same numbers on small plastic squares. D then covered the numbers on the paper with the number blocks. It was a very easy activity for D so I was surprised that he wanted to do it three times in a row. He was busy working alone so I started doing the dishes. When I came back to check on him, he was using the blocks to make a tower. That's my boy.




Any other ideas of what to do with these? Please leave a comment. I made several copies. :)

4 comments:

  1. I may use these to help M practice matching capital and lowercase letters - write the capital letters in the circles on the picture and then make little squares with the lowercase letters on them. I suppose you could do color matching too. These are cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the numbers one, you can call out a number and he has to match the one you call out. If they are laminated, he could use an eyedropper with colored water and drop one drop of water per circle (you could just put the picture in a sheet protector too).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is such a fabulous idea! I've seen those pages on DLTK as well as Making Learning Fun and have never thought to write something in the circles and make games. Brilliant - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Use one for the numbers 1 to 6 and roll dice. When he rolls a number cover it up.

    ReplyDelete

My Favorites



Counter

Powered By Blogger