Friday, December 18, 2009

Plate Making Kits


At one of our playgroups a few weeks ago, one of the mothers brought this plate making kit for the kids to do as Christmas presents. She bought her kit at Hobby Lobby but this looks like the same product. Basically the box contains pieces of paper that your children draw on or decorate. You mail the papers off to the company mentioned in the packet and for $7.00 they turn your child's drawing into a plastic plate. We just got our's back and I love them! I plan to do it again when Mateo is old enough to draw. Since they are gifts for Mami and Papi, we have not yet used them. I will update this post after we use them if there is any news to report about their condition.



Diego drew a Triceratops sleeping.


On this plate Diego drew a picture of his family. My favorite part is that our dog "Nacho" looks a lot like Mateo. :)

11 comments:

  1. What a neat keepsake! I remember making one of these in elementary school and feeling so proud each time my mom would pull it out and use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVELY!
    I am curious to see how they hold up, Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so neat! I am totally doing this when my son gets older :) I love anything that's a keepsake and I miss having a Hobby Lobby.
    I love that your dog's name is Nacho ~ cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally remember those from when I was a kid. I'll have to see if I can find them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for reminding me of these - I bet my kids would love making plates!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome idea! I have never seen this before. We painted plates last year for my grandmother, but being able to draw with marker would be so much easier for a little one. I love the family picture And LOL about the dog looking like Mateo! That is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are cute and he's a very goo artist! we stayed at a rental home this summer and they had a ton of them there from the late 80's early 90's, so i'm guessing that they hold up really well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! I´ll have to remember for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Diego's drawings, and I hope that the plates will make a great gift for grandparents. I am wondering how well the plates will hold if they are used in the dishwasher.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Que lindo! esta muy bonito tu blog tambien, muy bien escrito!
    Espero visites el mio en thecouponchica.webs.com
    Es bilingue, sobre ofertas y cupones. Te estoy siguiendo en Google Connect, espero te suscribas al mio tambien!! Estas en facebook o twitter?

    Denisse

    ReplyDelete

My Favorites



Counter

Powered By Blogger