Sunday, November 1, 2009

Día de los Muertos- Activites

****Click here to see all of our Day of the Dead activities.

One of the most traditional icons associated with Day of the Dead is the skeleton. Here are a few of the Day of the Dead activities that we did this week. They would also work for Halloween.

Bone letters. I made a few bone-shaped pieces of various lengths and we combined them to make letters. I would call out a letter and D had to make the letter as fast as he could. When he got tired of this, he would call out the letter and I would form it.

Skulls. I drew several skulls and we painted some with water colors and use markers and crayons on others.
Noodle Skeletons. I have seen this idea on several websites. One of my favorites is on Encanted Learning. Our Noodle Skeleton did not turn out quite the same because we did not have all of the shapes of noodles and, as usual, D had his own plan. We did, however, have a box of Scooby Doo macaroni with bone-shaped noodles. I think D's favorite part was sorting out the different shapes from the macaroni box.



3 comments:

My Favorites



Counter

Powered By Blogger