Thursday, November 5, 2009

Q de Quesadilla

Since D already knows his letters, we do not do as many letter projects as we used to. He really seems to enjoy them though, so I am going to try to do them more often. Today's letter was Q. In Spanish, like in English, there are not many letters that start with the letter Q. The first word that came to my mind was "queso." A little more thought and no idea of what to make for lunch brought on today's "Q de Quesadilla." Since it is the same word in English, give it a try. It was so simple and muy deliciosa!

First we warmed up the tortillas and cheese on the "comal." (My husband would pass out if I warmed the tortillas in the microwave like I, um, used to do.)



Next I cut out the shape of a "Q" and served to my hungry kiddos.



Spanish Vocabulary:
tortilla- tortilla
queso- cheese
comal- cast iron grilling pan
delicioso-delicious

4 comments:

  1. Such a cute idea to cut the quesadilla into the shape of a Q. Chicken quesadillas are my favorite food! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love quesadillas. I hadn't even thought about using that for Q. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun way to learn letters!

    ReplyDelete

My Favorites



Counter

Powered By Blogger