Thursday, November 5, 2009

Open Ended Art- Matisse Collage


I love the idea of introducing famous artists to my sons. We have several wonderful art galleries close to our home and visiting them is on the list for some of the cold weekends this winter. This week the challenge for Open Ended Art was to have your child create a Matisse-inspired work of art. I did not plan ahead and look for any books at the library (I plan to next time) so we looked at some of his work on the internet. We talked a little about what a collage is and I gave D free reign of the scrap paper bag and let him at it. He seemed to really enjoy this but he insisted that he was NOT making his picture for Matisse but for Santa instead. (They are starting Christmas songs at school so he is SURE that Santa is coming soon.)
Here is D's masterpiece.





To see what other creative kids did for Open Ended Art visit here.

2 comments:

My Favorites



Counter

Powered By Blogger