Friday, November 27, 2009

Gracias

This week has not gone at ALL as I had planned. As you know, both boys have been very sick so pretty much all plans out of the house had to be canceled and most of our in-house projects too. :( Thank you to everyone who sent well-wishes to the boys. I am hoping that we are almost at the end of it. I am very grateful for the fact that I was off work this week so we could just cuddle up on the couch and take it easy.


In my few minutes of alone time this week I came across some GREAT posts. I would like to share them and to say "gracias" for the great ideas, crafts, projects, and information in these posts. If you came across an especially creative project, interesting discussion, or just a great post during the week that you would like to share, please leave a comment below.


1. BabelKid is hosting the monthly Bilingual Carnival this month. If you want to find a TON of fascinating articles by families that are raising their children with two (or more) languages, you need to read this post. Every month a different mutilingual blogger hosts the carnival. I am hoping to sign up to host this carnival in the future.

2. The Activity Mom wrote a very generous post about an ACTIVITY Advent Calendar this week. She even included the printables to make your own. I am WAY behind on my Christmas activity planning after getting NOTHING done this week so I very much appreciate the ideas.

3. The Adventures of Bear shared her Rhyming Box. Since D saw an episode of Ni Hao, Ki Lan in which they were practicing rhyming words, he wants to know a rhyming word for EVERYTHING. I love this idea to give you child concrete objects to relate to the rhyming words. We are in the process of setting up our own box.

4. Mouse Learns, Mouse Grows talked about their family's Holiday traditions. I am fascinated with other cultures so I especially liked to learn about the Weihnachtsmarkt and the Feuerzangenbowle. You'll have to check it out to find out what they are.

5. Silly Little Eagle books gives an AWESOME list of Thanksgiving ideas and activities to file away for next year. In my neverending quest to get more organized, I have started file folders for next year and beyond so I will definitely use these ideas.

6. Mama Smiles wrote a great post about how she keeps her household running smoothly with three small children. Lots of great tips for those of us with little guys.




7 comments:

  1. I hope your little guys feel completely well soon, sick kids are no fun.

    Thanks for linking to me =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness they are on the mend. Thanks for all the links. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for spreading the word about the activity advent calendar. I'm hoping it will save time and create memories for you and others!
    Hope everyone feels totally better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for mentioning me. I hope your boys feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for mentioning my post. I am very curious about the bilingual carnival. My parents are visiting, and they are giving me a hard time for not teaching Anna Russian. Time to get started, and I want to learn from successful bilingual families.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for mentioning me and also the other great ideas--I missed Activity Mom's advent post, so I am headed there next!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh, being sick is no fun. I'm off to check out that last post.

    ReplyDelete

My Favorites



Counter

Powered By Blogger